Flutter,Flip flop..its making me crazy.

Do you have questions or concerns about your specific symptoms? You are not alone.

Flutter,Flip flop..its making me crazy.

Postby Flutterby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:39 pm

I'm sooo happy to have found this site. My heart flutters so bad. Its not a flutter here and there ..its jumpin and fluttering every few seconds..which can last an hour on and off all day. Not everyday. Then of course i TRY to ignore it..which must be the initial anxiety trigger. All im thinkin is get me and my heart to the ER before kills me. I cant breathe, i cry, i shake.....this is no life!! Is there anyone med that can make it stop? As of now i take a 1mg Ativan when it starts to flare up. It DOES help A lot. I can feel the pulse beating in my head some nights when i try to fall asleep. Then comes the flutters and anxiety and panic. The doc gave me Bystolic.a beta blocker but im terrified to start taking it.any experience with what im describing? And have u used a beta blocker? Does it help?...thanks in advance. ( im a 40 yr female)
Flutterby
Group Contributor

Re: Flutter,Flip flop..its making me crazy.

Postby Misti » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey girl! I'm a 38 yr old female and also hv the crazy flip flops too not as bad as urs sounds though I'm sorry for that. I tried 2 beta blockers which usually work great for most people but not for me so we had to switch to a calcium blocker amlodopine 5mg daily and it's working but certainly hasn't cured me! I wish. The pounding pulse in ur head I hv at night too. So scary!!!!! It sucks but somehow we hv to find out how to live with it. I've been exercising sleeping at an incline w one pillow under my left arm which helps a little. Good luck.
Misti
Group Contributor

Postby Flutterby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 pm

No flutters today...so far. I can go weeks without one...then boom, they start..I panic...nasty little cycle.So..I went to the ER lastnight, to get an EKG..enzyme check...everything was normal. I was told that dehydration can cause flutters. Lack of vitamins can cause them..Im sure there are a gazillion more causes..but, i feel calmer today and I also talked to my cardiologist this morning. I'm starting a beta blocker (take as needed, but no more than one a day) Anyway, i feel hopeful.
Flutterby
Group Contributor

Postby txsouthernapple » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:18 pm

I know how that feel. I had a MVP since I had my daughter and born with a simple murmur.
Now I am suffering with flutters. I can't get upset about anything and since I was in an accident months later, three months....they come and go. I hate it. I HATE IT! You know you go with the normal everyday symptoms take your meds and before you know you can exercise good one day than next day your suffering flutters. A horrible thing. It is something you learn to live with. I guess. My doctor office said I was fine . In other words a second opinion cause having a MVP will make you have anxiety if you never had it. I do take a beta it has help in the past. I take Metoprolol( Toprol XL) but doctor do not recommend for everyone because of your liver. I take another med also. The one thing I learn in the pass before they became to out of hand was that less stress, six to eight hours of sleep, lay off coffee and chocolate. That how I had endure before my car wreak. It help. I work eight hour jobs to sometimes sixteen hours.
You know take in at least some walking at least three times a week or small time if you have that faint feeling, you know when the anxiety hit in your like Fred Sanford, " I hope its not the big one."
You know that my best advise other than see your doctor. Now after a car wreak and a neck injury IDK? :?:
Clueless. My daughter 13 so I survive for this long. Enduring that big question. Flutters get on your nerves.............
txsouthernapple

Postby Flutterby » Sun May 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Yes,they drive me crazy. I hate them too. I also wonder if it could have something to do with hormones. Ive had flutters, flip flops..pounding feeling almost all day off and on. It depresses me soooo bad.
Flutterby
Group Contributor

Postby ender1 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi, can you describe what your flip flops feel like? I've been having fluttering, but thankfully not as bad as you describe, probably because I don't have flip flops.
ender1
Group Contributor

Postby Flutterby » Mon May 16, 2011 3:28 pm

It just feels like an extra beat. Or say like someone lightly thumping your chest. Its more like flutters, but when they go for a few minutes, non stop...i call them flipflops.
Flutterby
Group Contributor

Return to Discuss Your Symptoms